Sunday, May 26, 2024

 

Sunday, May 26, 2024

     I was born in 1940, the second of five kids. World War two was the background of my early childhood.  Mom hired refugees from Europe to help with us. I remember standing outside San Carlos Church playing games pretending to escape the nazis and the communist soldiers. I am a war baby.  Now the background of my old age is today’s wars.

     The sun comes out in the afternoon.  I pick up fragments of a broken clay pot and then water the plants.

     I am reading A BODY MADE OF GLASS, a cultural history of hypochondria. It is actually the history of how humans understood the body and its ills. So interesting as I notice how modern medicine looks at my human body.

     I am unexpectedly energetic on Saturday. The chemo side effects have significantly diminished and life begins to be workable again.

No comments: