Tuesday, May 21, 2024

 

Tuesday, May 21, 2024    

     Yes, I am receiving chemo treatment that seems to be effective.  Maybe it is too early to tell. I have started reading A BODY MADE OF GLASS, A Cultural History of Hypochondria, by Caroline Crampton. She writes about the after effects of cancer treatments, the fear of reoccurrence, the hyper sensitivity to body experiences.

     Foggy morning, sunny afternoon. Drag my garbage bins to the curb in the late afternoon.  Sit in the shade outside doing my daily leg strengthening exercises legs. Watch a few bees work the long lavender stems in the bushes.  A few small yellow birds are in and out of the garden. The crows and blue jays are in the tall trees.

     I watch a documentary on Hulu about rock and role studio musicians.  Such familiar music warms my heart.

     My writing friends come over in the morning and we write and talk with each other. My writing focus is questioning why all my friends are democrats.  How did I become so isolated.

No comments: