Monday, May 20, 2024

 

Monday, May 20, 2024

      I receive a text photo from the tall man who is walking in Spain.  He looks so happy. The east coast daughter sends a picture of her family’s Sunday brunch.  Her two sons are home from college for the summer. They too look happy. Happiness is contagious. It is an uphill battle for me at this time but I am getting a glimpse.

     I am too old to be afraid and to hate half of our community.  You know, the people who support the former president. I want to understand who they are and what life experiences support their current beliefs.  I guess I have to look at who I am and what experiences support my beliefs. We are all a bit foolish.

     I am looking for a republican to meet and talk with me.  I want to learn. Maybe we could meet at Sweet Elenas for coffee.

     I started reading John Stanford’s latest novel, TOXIC PREY. I have read most of his books. He has written hundreds of books, all of them mildly satisfying. My New Yorker magazine arrives and is unread. Soon I should be able to read it again.

No comments: