Sunday, April 28, 2024

 

Sunday, April 28, 2024

     These are two bio markers for evaluating the side effects of the cancer treatments, can I read the New Yorker every week and can I drive my car.  During the 6 weeks of chemo recently I couldn’t do either.  But I am back to reading and driving.

     I am totally involved in reading Lauren Groff’s novel, THE VASTER WILDS. It took me awhile to move into this young girl’s survival in the wilderness.

     I break my rule to not watch TV (except for news) during the daytime. Movie matinees are now acceptable.   Yesterday’s movie is ANATOMY OF A FALL. Great movie.  Movies and TV series are quite different and I am relearning how to enjoy movies. In the evening, I am committed to UGLY BETTY and THE RESIDENT, two shows with many, many episodes.

     I water the potted plants on the deck. I walk from plant to plant admiring their stamina and the flowers. These plants are my companions in my daily exercise time.  

No comments: