Saturday, April 27, 2024

 

Saturday, April 27, 2024

     The meeting with the oncologist is good.  He listens as I talk and then he talks and I listen, you know, a real conversation. We come up with plan of action for May, depending on the outcome of a procedure with the surgeon. This plan does not involve more surgery, yea. Now, I know, a plan is just a plan, not a guarantee, but still I can put away my fears for awhile.

     A strong young man delivers my Instacart order in the morning. He places the bags on my kitchen counter.  I give him a tip and he rushes out to deliver his other orders. I have a lot of food to choose from today.

     A dog is barking.  The sky is overcast, diming the colors of the plants.  It is Saturday, no construction workers and their huge trucks today.

     I seem to need to read several books at a time. The latest addition is Lauren Groff’s novel, THE VASTER WILDS.  Not sure if I will stick with it. Still engrossed with THE UNSEEN BODY, a medical book about the human body.

No comments: