Tuesday, May 21, 2019


Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Sat in my car near Lovers point.  Huge fluffy clouds in the distance.  Blue waters and smashing waves on the rocks.  Very few people out on this Monday noontime.

Late afternoon, a flock of tiny birds dart by my chair on the porch.  They move quickly in the branches of the oak tree.  Back from where they had been. I sit eating buttered popcorn as I watch.

I lay down on the comfortable couch for my usual afternoon nap but didn’t sleep.  Eyes kept opening.  Something is bothering me.  I don’t know what.

The geranium blossoms were beaten down by the weekend storms.  Two days later they found their footing, at least those that did not die, and are back waving in the air.

I am looking for a book to capture by restless attention.  Today it is NORMAL PEOPLE, an Irish novel by Sally Rooney.

No comments: