Saturday, May 18, 2019


Saturday, May 18, 2019



Friday morning, I hear voices outside my bedroom, men’s voices, no words just voices and the sounds of a vehicle being unloaded.  More work on neighbor’s addition. Sounds of cars driving on the gravel and stopping. Doors opening and slamming shut.



A friend and I talk about the wonder of geraniums.  I am the geranium queen.  Her front porch is filled with geraniums grown from my stash of plants.  This morning the plants are exuberant with blossoms on my deck away from hungry deer. The geraniums in the front are not eaten because they are scented and wild.



I am also reading LADYSITTING, my year with Nana at the end of her century by Lorene Cary.  A memoir.  Reading reviews my eyes are attracted to the lives of old people.

No comments: