Friday, July 24, 2026

 

Friday, July 24, 2026

     I am so engrossed with the novels I read, I forget to look around to find my own story.  In the front yard are two massive entwined trees, the pepper tree planted by the tall man decades ago, and the oak tree growing from an acorn I stuck in the dirt to see if it was still alive. The trees grew together and now are massive and inseparable.

     Reading Thursday’s New York Times this morning I feel intense sadness and fear for our world, and for my family and friends. Nothing but hate and tragedy page after page. Usually, I find some uplifting report but not today. Sigh.

     Last night I cooked dinner for my roommate and me. Hamburgers and corn on the cob. It has been a long time since I cooked for anyone. Another sign I am getting better.

     I have started reading the novel, JOHN OF JOHN by Douglas Stuart. Well written but another sad story. I am tempted to check out the last chapter for some satisfying resolution before I continue reading this story. I am watching FOR ALL MANKIND, a series on space exploration, an alternative history of space exploration. And of course, the daily news shows. No good news about our government here. Outside I hear the mourning doves calling out.  The sun is shining today.

No comments: