Thursday, July 23, 2026
My little rebellion started when I was a student at UC Berkeley in 1959. We were required to sign in on paper at different places. No one gave me a reasonable answer to why. I started trying out different names, my favorite was Richard Nixon, sometimes John Kennedy. Lately I have been signing in as Spider Woman. My car is covered with spider webs and the name fits. Earlier this week I signed in as Angry Spider Woman when I was silently upset.
Warm fog this morning. The weather is such a mystery to me. Each day is different. I sit outside on the front porch in the late afternoon shade to have a long phone call with a friend,
Every day I receive several messages from people wanting to give me money now, hundreds of thousands of dollars. I do wonder why I am a target for such scams. Maybe they think I am Richard Nixon. Maybe they think spider woman is a wealthy movie star.
I spend most of the day reading Ann Patchett’s novel WHISTLER. Such a warm story of a modern family. Books can make me feel happy. In the evening, I start watching GRACE, a detective show, but soon it is too grim for me. We settle in to watch the delightful TV series, TRYING. Life is good today inspite of the corruption of our demented president.
No comments:
Post a Comment