Wednesday, July 22, 2026
The heat surprises us on Tuesday, unexpected, not predicted. I check the weather predictions most days to be prepared, but I am not ready for 90 degree afternoon heat in my living room. We just wait it out with a fan and wet towels. This morning the fog is back and no heat around.
I drive my roommate to an appointment and then park at Lake El Estero for two hours. I find a shady parking space. Flocks of Canadian geese move around the lake. Another flock of seagulls stay in the distance. I listen to an Ezra Klein podcast about climate change. Perfect for this hot day.
A young fluffy blue jay is grooming himself outside my window this morning. Last night I heard the owls again, with soft hoots. Two owls I suspect. My roommate spent hours watering the garden. Tomatoes are ripening. We eat a home grown artichoke for dinner.
We watch another tense episode of season two of HIJACK. I am reading the delightful new book by Ann Patchett, WHISTLER. Unable to fall asleep in the evening I read for hours until 2am. Nothing new to say today about our incompetent criminal president today.
No comments:
Post a Comment