Sunday, October 13, 2024

 

Sunday, October 13, 2024 

     In the late afternoon the Australian pine tree needles sparkle in the sun.  The pine needles are flexible and shimmer in the breeze.  I keep a close watch on the brown acorns falling to the ground. Some clouds in the sky.  Low flying military airplanes appear and disappear. I planted this pine tree in the back yard 40 years ago.

     In the early evening, we watch NYAD on Netflix, a heart warming movie. Tonight, I will look for another movie to watch.

     A friend comes by and we talk together for an hour. We are both in our 80’s and exploring our lives. Being old is a surprise, we still have options and dreams.

     I am beat and drink a tall glass of water with rehydration salts. I suspect it is those days of heat stealing my energy. It helps and I am able to sit outside and do my daily chair exercises.

No comments: