Tuesday, September 17, 2024

 

Tuesday, September 17, 2024

     Well, that is surprising, the infusion treatment turns out to be OK. Not fun but rather doable.  An hour and fifteen minutes rather than the two hours or more previously. I don’t cry. the nurses are careful and efficient.  I had created a mild panic in my mind as I prepared for this appointment. The nurses are afraid I would cry again. Yes, I can do this.

     Turn on the heater Monday evening for the first time in months.  Rain and cold all day.

     In the waiting room, with the large windows, the patients sit with their bodies focused on their cell phones. I watch the planes approach and land on the airport runways. Hard to believe airplanes really can fly through the air.

     I am ready for another international detective novel.  This time CITY OF JACKALS by Parker Bilal. The story centers on Cairo, Egypt. At home in the late afternoon waiting for the treatment to end, I watch several episodes of HOW TO DIE ALONE on Hulu. Good enough comedy.

No comments: