Wednesday, August 7, 2024

 

Wednesday, August 7, 2024

     A quiet day at home. The tall man comes by for licorice and conversation.  Later, I watch the unfolding of Kamala Harris vice president pick.  The heated excitement on the TV is contagious. Politics seem better now.

     In the evening, I watch WICKED LITTLE LETTERS, a movie on netflix. Not great but good enough.

     While eating breakfast in my bedroom I see parts of a huge, several story high truck park in the ally outside my window. On top of the stacked construction materials is a long metal arm.  Slowly the arm is raised and passes over my skylight to the neighbor’s house. Finally, I understand they are unloading supplies on the roof of the two story house.

    I am slowly reading BABEL, by R.F. Kuang. I don’t know how to describe it, sort of science fiction set in the past. It had a slow start but now I am thoroughly engaged in the story.

No comments: