Monday, June 3, 2024

 

Monday, June 3, 2024

     On Sunday mornings after mass, when I am a kid, I lie on the blue carpet, behind the couch and read the comics. I listen to my family’s conversations. We are a family with many secrets. I want to know what is going on. Also, I love the Sunday comics. We follow most of the Catholic rules and never ever miss Sunday mass. We don’t want to make God angry at us.

     In the early morning while dozing in bed, vivid images and stories pop into my head, memories of my childhood.  I am not saying they are accurate, no memories are, but these are mine and I own them.

     I reserve library books on line. Some of the books have dozens of reserves ahead of mine. I wonder who are the folks that want to read what I read. Maybe there is a hidden community here that I should explore. We could meet at East Village for a pop up book talk.

     This Monday morning the white trucks are arriving to continue working on the neighbor’s house. Today I am not going to be annoyed.  Really. Foggy cold morning. Writing group meets this morning at my house.

No comments: