Wednesday, May 29, 2024

 

Wednesday, May 29, 2024

      In the 19940’s just after the war, I am in second grade, my younger brother in first grade dies in a school playground accident involving older boys playing baseball. Of course this brings great sadness to our family. My parents donate the insurance settlement to the school to build a safer playground.

     I drink a can of Pepsi with lunch on Tuesday.  First time in 4 years. A small can. I have so missed drinking ice cold cokes.  My kidney is now strong enough to handle sodas.

     A local friend comes over and we talk again.  He brings his new book THE WORLD CANNOT BE BROKEN, looking for shelter and discovering wonder in the lives we have, by D Allen. I have read two chapters and yep, this collection of essays is engaging.

     Trump trials continue with the closing arguments.  I watch hours of commentary on MSNBC with all my favorite journalists. No one knows how it will end this week. I still haven’t found a local republican for a conversation.

No comments: