Friday, April 19, 2024

 

Friday, April 19, 2024

     The young poet and I hang out in the morning talking about our lives. Her stories are dynamic, mine are quiet and subdued. She talks about her life now and I talk about memories mostly. There are 62 years difference in our ages.  We are where we should be.

     Outside in the afternoon I hear the drums coming from the high school. I wonder if it the high school band. Part of the day is sunny and the rest overcast.  

     I have started reading MURDER UNDER HER SKIN, a mystery novel by Stephen Spotswood. This week’s New Yorker has a long article, NO TIME TO DIE, the longevity obsession by Dr. Dhruv Khullar.  Reading the article reminded me that it is normal to fade as I age.

     I am getting tired of the on going stories in the two long TV series, UGLY BETTY and THE RESIDENT. These characters have moved into my mind and now it is difficult to decide to discard them.

No comments: