Tuesday, May 7, 2019


Tuesday, May 7, 2019

 
I stop at the red light.  A teenager kid rides his bicycle along the sidewalk right into the street in front of me.  Doesn’t look, talking on his phone. He rides by too quickly for me to yell at him to slow down and watch what he is doing.

This morning I read yesterday’s New York Times, a day late as usual.  On the front page of the arts section is a rave review of KNOCK DOWN THE HOUSE Netflix documentary film. I have recommended it to my friends as the most hopeful political film today. Yes, I got that one right.

This morning I woke up thinking I don’t want to go to the Thursday event and rehearsing the reasons I plan to give to my friends. And yet I suspect after I am up for a few hours I’ll remember why I will attend.  This has been going on for weeks.

I started reading UNSHELTERED, a novel by Barbara Kingsolver. She doesn’t disappoint.

No comments: