Tuesday, May 14, 2019


Tuesday, May 14, 2019



I continue reading the well written book, TWO SISTERS by Asne Seierstad, (translated from Norwegian.)  Learning about the wars in Iraq and Syria through the lens of one Yemini refugee family in Norway is compelling.  I begin to understand what is happening in the middle east.  Scary to see how teenagers, girls and boys, get seduced into the wars. Sigh.



 Foggy morning, rain predicted for the evening.  This morning the Plein air writers will write in the museum rose garden.



I set up the large coffee maker on the counter.  Turn on the electric hot water pot. I put away clean dishes while tea and coffee are brewed.  I stand the thermoses by the front door to take to the class.



After my daughter leaves, the house feels empty.  I hear a door shut and wonder if there is someone in my house or is the sound coming from my open window.

No comments: