Tuesday, April 30, 2019


Tuesday, April 30, 2019

I drive down Del Monte Ave checking out the two tire shops. I stop at the one with an empty parking place.  Inside the cluttered dusty office I wait for the man behind the counter to talk to me.  He is finishing up with another customer.  The man asks if I have a flat tire?  I say no but I want to buy new tires before I have a flat time.  The other man sitting at a desk laughs. 

We walk to my car and he checks out the four tires.  You only need two tires in the front.  The back tires still have enough tread. He will order them and put them on my car later in the week. I am feeling upbeat and pleased.


Sitting on my front porch eating an orange I can hear the wind whip the trees before I feel the breeze.  Fog, gusty wind, and a tiny bit of sunlight.
The wild lavender geraniums are blooming in the field by my house.

After watching the Rachel Maddow show I set up the coffee maker for tomorrow morning’s coffee.  Also put water and oatmeal into the pot and a handful of almonds in the small pan. I am ready to be sleepy in the morning while I make my breakfast.

I am now committed to reading A LONG HIGH WHISTLE by David Biespiel.  Selected columns on poetry. Slow reading. It is never too late to learn more about poetry.

No comments: