Sunday, April 28, 2019


Sunday, April 28, 2019

I buy just a few things, milk, yogurt, mushrooms, soups at Whole Foods.  The checker asks if I am a member of Prime and I say no.  I don’t want to admit being a member.   My phone is in the car and has no prime app.

It is 57 degrees in my bedroom this morning.  Thick fog outside.  I give in and turn on my heater to take off the chill.  I close the windows reluctantly

My green 50 foot garden hose is tangled, has always been tangled. Each time I water the front yard I have to tug and yank to get the hose to the edges of the patio. I notice my neighbors’ green hoses are also tangled in their yards. We should rename out street Tangled Hose Drive.

I am reading AUGUST SNOW by Stephen Mack Jones.  A mystery story set in Detroit today.  Detroit is part of the story.

Yesterday, My friend and I sat and talked for an hour in front of the Cinemax theaters in the late afternoon. We were a week early for our movie. The multi plex theater was crowded with young people coming to see the latest Revengers movie. I was pleased to see that not all the young folks have left our community

No comments: