Friday, April 26, 2019


Friday, April 26, 2019

At lunch several friends talk about their dogs.  Loving, barking, crazy dogs.  I have nothing to say about dogs.  Or cats. Another woman was incredibly kind to a quiet woman.  I just sat there listening.

The fog is back.  For a while the sun is out and the wind comes up and then the fog.  Such a familiar pattern.  Bit even if it is cold I need to water the front yard.  I can’t put it off another day.

I pulled out a quilt from the closet for my nap.  It is black and mostly blue.  I call it my cancer quilt because I worked on it while I was recovering. I didn’t sleep.

I am still reading ALL THAT YOU LEAVE BEHIND.

This morning, not quite awake, I heard scrambling sounds on my tar and gravel roof.  Images of rodents and birds and squirrels appeared in my mind.  They were gone by the time I got up to look.

No comments: