Saturday, April 20, 2019


Saturday, April 20, 2019

Not quite cold this morning.  I don’t want to do anything but sit in my reading chair and read. Laundry, messy blankets, pillows scattered, cluttered table tops. What if I never did any my chores?

I parked by my grandparents’ graves.  Outside the cemetery the parking lot was full.  I walked some and then sat on a bench in the sun.  Birds, cypress trees, fog coming down the mountains, wispy breezes, some blue skies.  A sculpture of a full size man and woman rising out of the grave.  Statues of cherubs, angels, Jesuses and Marys and of course crosses in all shapes and sizes. Vases of colorful flowers both artificial and organic. This was the catholic cemetery.  The city cemetery was flat and boring. 

A short book from the library, SEVEN BRIEF LESSONS ON PHYSICS by Carlo Rovelli. All the beauty of modern physics in fewer than one hundred pages.  A stunning book temporarily changing my view of the world. My old views do reassert themselves.  The world is so beautiful.

No comments: