Tuesday, April 9, 2024

 

Tuesday, April 9, 2024 

     Cold bright morning, sun is out and my bedroom is 59 degrees, just waiting for the sun to warm up the house. The wild geranium patch is beginning to bloom. I found the original plant 50 years ago in the back yard when I first bought the house. I made clippings and planted them in the side yard.  They bloom for 6 weeks a year.  They need no watering or care. Perfect plants.

     Write with a friend in the morning.  In the afternoon an old social worker friend comes by with fabulous cookies. We easily move into our social work conversations figuring out what makes a healthy community. Later I drag the garbage bins to the curb for early morning pickup.

     I slept so well last night.  I had given up hope for a good night sleep.  My body remembered, and did it’s sleeping job well. Thank you, body.

     I keep thinking about the MSNBC CANCEL CULTURE documentary. The message is that we all make errors and mistakes and can learn from these mistakes. Cancel culture condemns folks for not being perfect. I have made plenty of mistakes.  The present culture discourages people from learning from their mistakes.

No comments: