Monday, April 8, 2024

 

Monday, April 8, 2024

     After more episodes of THE RESIDENT and seeing bloody surgeries, I am now curious about how we are all still alive. The body is mysterious and complicated.  It doesn’t seem reasonable that my heart can keep on beating for 83 years. I am back to wondering about the split between the body and the mind.

     The tall man stops by with his charming wife.  He takes out the piles of trash and garbage by the front door and she talks with me. I love having real human conversations. The tall man leaves with a bag of licorice. They both are such lovely people. 

     My daughters call to say hello and check in with me. I have taken my weekly shower and feel fresh and alive. I wish I had been more thoughtful with my parents when they were old.

     I watch a MSNBC documentary on CANCEL CULTURE. And then watch another episode of the quirky NORTHERN EXPOSURE. One more week for another trial of our former president begins.

No comments: