Sunday, April 7, 2024

 

Sunday, April 7, 2024

     In the evening, I watch a new documentary film on Apple+, GIRLS STATE.  In 1957, I too went to Girls State at Davis California. The 2022 Girls state is very different. At my Girls State, I became interested in politics and government and ideas and conversations.  In 1957 I did not realize how restricted we were. These current high school girls are bright and open and full of possibility.

     I finish filling out my income tax forms in the morning fueled by eating chocolate fudge. For years I used a bowl of M&Ms to motivate me to finish the tax job and this year it worked again. Now to mail them at the post office.

     Started reading a new mystery story writer, Stephen Spotswood.  FORTUNE FAVORS THE DEAD. 100 pages in and still find it interesting.

     After completing my taxes My body refuses to do anything else. I read, take a walk, talk on phone.  No house hold chores or required activities. Actually, I am a bit restless and start planning for desserts I would like to find.

No comments: