Wednesday, April 3, 2024

 

Wednesday, April 3, 2024

     I walk to my mailbox in the morning and see a huge truck smash into my neighbor’s mail box.  I yell at him as he drives off.  A roofing company truck.  I send an email to my neighbor.  My mail box is not hit today.  The street is filled with huge trucks and construction vehicles. I am glad I catch this guy in the act. Later I learn the driver returns with a new mail box for my neighbor.

     Warm sunny Tuesday. Even with open windows and doors, my house heats up.  This morning the fog returns and the doors and windows are now closed.

     I sign into a East Coast zoom bladder cancer support group. Everyone complains loudly about the difficulty in communicating with medical offices. I carry my iPhone around on Tuesday expecting a return call about the conflicting medical scheduling. No call comes.

     I am in a rut in reading books and watching TV.  Of course, I watch MSNBC news and the PBS Newshour. I love the opening monologue of John Stewart on the Daily Show.  And I am caught up in the old dramas of UGLY BETTY and THE RESIDENT. I can’t shake this feeling of inertia and boredom.  Maybe I am actually getting stronger.

No comments: