Thursday, April 4, 2024

 

Thursday, April 4, 2024

     I live in the story I tell myself.  For the last three years it has been the story of illness and treatments and operations.  Maybe the more accurate story is one of an aging body, and a time of curiosity and exploration.

     I walk through the aisles of upscale grocery store, Elroys in Monterey.  I am in a foreign territory, none of the packaged and bottled products look familiar. The fruits and vegetables are organic and gleaming. I end up buying a chunk of cheese, crackers (I think) and a prepared salad. I don’t know if the prices are reasonable. I am excited to actually walk in a store.

     Between the epidemic lock down and several years of illnesses I have mostly lived in my house and yard and medical offices. Now I am exploring my town.

     I am almost done reading my friend’s manuscript on my computer. I love it. The rain is back this morning. The clouds darken my house.  The heater is on again.

No comments: