Tuesday, April 23, 2024

 

Tuesday, April 23, 2024

     This morning while eating breakfast a wave of gratitude arises. I had seen a facebook picture of a line of cows being milked in a barn. Oh yes this is the source of my daily milk. I drink a lot of milk.  Oh, thank you cows for your milk. Thank you farmers for taking care of the cows, and the transportation folks who bring the milk to my town.  I haven’t seen any cows in my town.  Gratitude is such a delightful feeling

     I watch the first episode of FALLOUT, a post apocalypse TV drama based on a popular video game. Usually not the kind of show I like. I feel called to watch it out of family loyalty. This show may will interrupt my peaceful evening sleep.

     I am focused on this new book, CAUGHT IN THE CROSSHAIRS OF AMERICAN HEALTHCARE, by Dr. Lloyd Sederer. He reports on the changes made at the Harvard McLean Hospital for psychiatric or substance abuse disorders. The writing is a little dry but the topic is alive.

     More fog this morning but not cold enough for turning on the heat.  My orange puffer jacket keeps me warm enough.

No comments: