Thursday, April 11, 2024

 

Thursday, April 11, 2024

     Another friend arrives Wednesday morning with chocolate sweets and the willingness to converse together. We talk about our lives, homeless women, and writing.  Probably other topics that I can’t remember in this moment.

     Wake up this morning with an unexpected sore hip. I am walking slowly with my walker. Take two Tylenol. Of course, I wonder if this is just a pulled muscle or has the cancer spread.

     Last night I start watching a new netflix series, ROYAL PAINS, a doctor story that is supposedly funny.  No that’s not quite it.  I just watched the pilot episode so I don’t know yet if I like it or not.

    75 year old Dr. Bob from Minnesota is featured on the front page of the New York Times. Inside the paper is a long report about treating his elderly patients. I wish he was one of my doctors. He reminds us that our bodies do fall apart, this is just how we are.

No comments: