Thursday, September 20, 2007

After early morning zazen at the Cherry Center in Carmel we drive to Chez Christine about five blocks away for coffee and conversation.

Driving downhill on 4th st. Through the pine trees I catch a glimpse of Point Lobos jutting out into Carmel Bay. It is breath taking to see this green jeweled peninsula sitting in the midst of the blue ocean and the morning sky.

I should stop and take it all in. It flashes by me and then is gone and I go on for my coffee. Deep beauty, fantastic view and I move on.

On the way home I spot a visiting Blue Heron standing in the abandoned nest high in another pine tree.

If I were walking I would have a chance to really experience what I was just glimpsing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All is fleeting and present...Oldye Mike