Sunday, October 4, 2026
I have been bragging to my family that Monterey has great ocean side weather. I swallow these word as the hot weather arrives yesterday. Not as hot as Southern California, but uncomfortably warm. And no fog. Heat should last for a couple of days. We are not exempt from the weather.
Quiet day doing usual chores. The Tall man visits, another friend visits. And the day warms up. Fan in the living room is helpful. I finish the last of the antibiotic pills. Read and take napes.
This morning, from my bedroom window, I watch my neighbor walking her small dog, while using her cane. A deer with large antlers stands on the street watching her also. He is standing his ground. He looks like he might shoot us if he had hands and a gun. My neighbor walks quickly avoiding the challenging deer.
In the evening, we watch several more episodes of EAST OF EDEN, on Netflix. It is high drama and emotion. I am exhausted when I go to bed. It is not an easy show to watch. I am reading A TRUCE THAT IS NO PEACE by Miriam Toews, a favorite author. Non fiction. Of course, it is wonderful. We also watch some earlier THE DAILY SHOW broadcasts to laugh a bit. Voting starts Monday. I am ready to throw out all stupid, fearful, corrupt politicians.
No comments:
Post a Comment