Wednesday, September 9, 2026
Monday, in the late afternoon, I am sitting on the deck eating apple pie with a friend. I see the old neighbor, on the other side of my fence, working in his garden. I thought he had died. I was told by a neighbor that he died. Who died then?
The weather reports warn us of a heat wave this week. After months of fog and reading about heat domes in other parts of the world it is our time. Well the sun is shinning this morning. Some high thin clouds drift in the sky. I can’t find my warm weather clothes buried someplace in the closet. We have tomatoes, many, many, tomatoes growing in the back garden. The sunflowers are mostly gone thanks to the aggressive eating by the squirrels.
I am still taking two naps a day. I remember my babies taking several naps a day. I never expected that old people also take several naps a day.
In the evening, we watch the next episode of TED LASSO, our feel good show. A bit corny but still likeable. The living room is still too warm in the evening. Nothing new with the incompetent president. Same old bluster and lies and destruction of familiar sites. And the wars continue and ICE is a danger to all
No comments:
Post a Comment