Friday, August 7, 2026

 

Friday, August 7, 2026

     Supposedly there is a picture on facebook of me with my brother.  I dare to disagree because the picture I have of myself in my own mind, is quite different, much more serious and smart looking, and maybe a bit thinner and younger. Who is this grinning old woman who is having such a good time at Denny’s with her wonderful brother.

     In the afternoon I get a chance to impress the golfer’s grandson with stories of our Irish ancestors. I particularly like the lurid tales from California’s gold rush years. Are they true stories? Maybe. I heard them from my older family members.  On his cell phone, the kid traces a 1950’s photo of a group of men. Facial recognition apt. Yep there is his great great grandfather, part of the gold rush family.

    Now there are 6 blooming sunflowers and dozens of tomatoes. My roommate harvests a variety of lettuces from the salad patch. The sun comes out in the afternoon warming up the house.  It is a two nap day.

     We are too busy to watch much TV. But I do sneak in half an episode of THE LAST SHIP, an older series reminding me of the cold war era shows.  War and peace, heroes and villains. Today’s political news has passed me by.

No comments: