Thursday, August 13, 2026
Don’t think I just sit in my recliner all day, because I also lie on the couch for napping. I also walk on the deck, wash dishes, move laundry and do my yoga chair exercises. Sometimes I go outside to collect the mail. Probably not enough movement but I am trying.
Before falling asleep I listen to the sounds of individual cars revving up and racing in the neighborhood. Zooming on our streets. I thought the police were going to stop this from happening this year. As I lay in bed, I realize the noise isn’t the problem, it is my imagination upsetting me. I create ugly images of angry drunk men based on a car engine sound.
More books waiting at the library. Another friend is picking up books for me while the personal librarian is busy. It is such a treat to put a hold on books I have heard about and then they are delivered to my home.
My roommate has started a new serious community activity. The house is full of energy and good will. I watch more of THE BOMBING OF PAN AM i03. We watch THE PATRIOT, an older series that is somewhat funny and startling. And the regime of the current demented president hangs over us. And the devastating fires in Big Sur continue through the night.
No comments:
Post a Comment