Sunday, August 16, 2026
It doesn’t help to cry. I feel so sad Saturday morning. I suspect it is living with not knowing what is going to happen next in my bladder cancer journey. Nothing is predictable. I want to experience today and not wallow in fears for the future.
Instead of an early nap on the couch, I wash the breakfast dishes and counters, pack up the trash bags and put them by front door, open up the front curtains, and go outside with my nail clippers to work on my finger and toes nails. Yep I do feel better.
I am reading THE MEDICAL ETHIC, A Philosophical Memoir, self published by Dr. Russell Noblett. The difficulty is understanding the links between current ideas in philosophy with medical decisions based on tests, computers and evidence based medicine. Some of his observations help me understand my medical care these past 6 years. I remembering arguing with a hospital list doctor who entered the room to only look at the computer screens. I thought he should actually talk with me.
So what is my TV report today? Nothing really new, watching more episodes of familiar shows. I am ok with my choices but there is not much to write about. I am reading a detective book, NORTHWOODS by Amy Pease. TV watching is fun to do with my roommate and reading is a solitary activity. Did watch Friday’s Ari Melber’s news show about the possible severe economic problems with AI development. Something more to worry about.
No comments:
Post a Comment