Saturday, August 1, 2026
The old pine tree is gone, now just a raw stump and some sawdust at the side of the road. A huge empty space in the sky. No longer can squirrels race high above the ground among the trees. Less shade for my house, more sunlight for the neighbor’s house. The underground water pipes are once again protected. I am no longer worried about my home being damaged from the harsh new winds. So why then am I so sad to lose this wonderful tree.
A pile of wood chips are piled by the garden gate for my roommate’s work in the back yard. She would be very excited if she hadn’t just returned from the dental clinic and is recovering in bed.
A friend comes by for a short visit. She and I are both in our 80’s and have lot of body experiences to share. I give her a bag of New Yorkers and a pile of paper grocery bags. Between the two of us we know many of the local doctors.
I finish reading the memoir, FAMESICK. Such a painful sad book. Now I start the Shanghai detective novel, THE SECRET SHARES by Qui Xiaolong. We watch episodes of RIDE OR DIE. The house is quiet in the evening. Dogs are not barking for a change. The TV is off. I check facebook for any disaster that might be happening. I wonder what today will bring.
No comments:
Post a Comment