Friday, September 20, 2024

 

Friday, September 20, 2024

     The construction trucks arrive again this morning for my neighbors. They have been absent but now, they are back.  Two are parked in my driveway.  Sigh.  I am tired of complaining.  I need to check my mail box to see if it is still standing. When the third truck parks in my driveway I yell at the driver. I have become the old woman who yells. All three trucks move out of my driveway.

     What’s missing in my community is the death list.  Paper newspapers printed death notices.  Now Orbits are a profit point, you pay to let your friends know you are gone. Who is still alive, not just my friends but people I sort of know.  Maybe we need an obituary project here, a place where everyone who dies is listed both on line and in some preserved paper form. I don’t know, I am just thinking about this. Sometimes I just call my friends and ask if they are still alive. When I am alone, I text friends to let them know I am still alive.

     My still weak daughter visits and rest in the monster recliner.  We watch Ari Melbur news. Later I watch the latest episode of SLOW HORSES.

     I am also reading WONDERING CLOSE TO HOME, a year of Zen reflections, consolations and reveries, by David Rynick. It is a calming hopeful read.

No comments: