Wednesday, May 1, 2024

 

Wednesday, May 1, 2024

     Three friends energize my life on Tuesday, The talented artist gardener in the morning, an old zen friend in the afternoon and then, my personal librarian with two bags of new books from the library. I am tired and happy at bed time.

     Yesterday I only spend ten percent of my time talking about old age, sickness, and death. We talk about our lives, families, books, and laugh a lot.  There still is laughter these days.

     I started reading the new Tana French book from my library stack. I love her books. THE HUNTER.

     At the Hartnell Lab, magazines and newspapers are in the waiting area.  Faces have emerged from the dreaded masks.  I have a blood draw and urine test. I know how to do this and there are no surprises.  I am a regular member of the crowd of old people waiting for their name to be called.

No comments: