Tuesday, September 8, 2026
Walking on the deck mid morning I hear sirens from fire trucks, and then ambulance sirens. They are close by. I wait. Then they move pass us up the hill. Our neighborhood is safe for another day.
I am restless and tired most of the day. Moving from activity to activity, mostly sitting in my blue recliner trying out different library books. None seem to satisfy me. The tall man comes by to drag the garbage bins to the street. He too can hardly keep his eyes open. Too tired to talk to me. Maybe we all have a sleeping disorder. Maybe I am living in an alternative world now.
I start watching a PBS detective series, BERGERAC. I watch all six episodes during the afternoon and evening. I can’t remember the last time I binge watched a show. My roommate returns from her weekend adventure just as the last episode ends.
I sleep well last night and today I am ready to be awake and alert. Time to start watching the daily news to see what our incompetent president is up to. He would be quite funny if his actions were not so tragic for the world. Tariffs, wars, shooting down fishing boats, playing golf, corrupting our economy, building ballrooms.
No comments:
Post a Comment