Thursday, September 17, 2026

 

Thursday, September 17, 2026  

     I no longer can sign in as spider woman.  My car remains spider free. I drive to the library to return overdue books, and my car needs to be driven or it will die again. I park in the back and slowly climb the ramp with the 4 books to return. Friends usually pick up books for me, but I want to test my ability to be independent. I fail. I do need help with getting library books.

     Inside I grab the courtesy walker and find the 7 waiting books. I can’t carry the books to my car and ask for help. A kind librarian carries the books down the ramp to my car.  My roommate brings the books into the house.

     Sheldon Wolin was a professor of Political Science and philosophy in 1960 at UC Berkeley.  In his class I learn about the underlying philosophy of our country’s governance and politics. I barely passed. The next semester I audited the same class to learn more. I developed a life long interest in why we are the way we are.

     Now I am reading another novel by Marianna Cronin, EDDIE WINSTON IS LOOKING FOR LOVE. A delightful warm story about a 90 year old man. I watch another episode of BROKENWOOD MYSTERIES, a British series. This morning band music fills the air, probably from the high School. I read the New York Times with my breakfast. The whole world is on fire thanks to our corrupt war mongering president.

No comments: