Wednesday, September 16, 2026

 

Wednesday, September 16, 2026 

     Vaccine time. I used to go downtown Ordway but that pharmacy is long gone. I can get the flue shot at my Primary doctor’s but not the other vaccines. The choices seem to be Safeways grocery store or CVS. I wonder if doctors on duty do vaccinations. I haven’t been in a store for the last 5 years.  Safeway in Pacific Grove is the most promising.

     The cleaners arrive yesterday. They come biweekly and suddenly the house is in order and manageable. I give them a bunch of my roommate’s tomatoes from the back yard.

     What did I do yesterday.  Nothing I can think of.  Foggy day, read a lot, walked a bit on the deck, greeted the meals on wheels volunteer, read some more, took a nap. Oh yes I did walk to the mail box late in the day.

     I finished reading the delightful novel THE TRUE TRUE STORY OF RAJA THE GULLIBLE AND HIS MOTHER by Rabih Alameddine, a wonderful novel.  I will look for his other books. In the evening, we watch the first episode of LANTERNS. A good enough show about invading aliens. And then an episode of our favorite show, TRYING. And of course, the news, don’t want to miss the possible end of our democracy due to the corrupt president. Yes, I am going to vote as soon as I get my ballot. I want to save our democracy.

No comments: