Sunday, September 13, 2026

 

Sunday, September 13, 2026

    It is such a pleasure to be with my middle aged kids and see how competent and talented they are. It has taken time to outgrow seeing them as children. Each of these grown up humans are different, unique and wonderful. I am happy to spend time with them.

     This morning, I am a bit cold in my bedroom. The sun is out and the heat is temporarily gone. No dogs barking. I suspect my hearing is questionable. Now dogs have to be barking loudly for me to me annoyed.

     In the afternoon I am back on the deck doing my twenty minute chair exercises. I sit in the shade overlooking the wide view of the airport and Mount Toro, and the land in between. I particularly like the solitary towering pine trees. Guardians of this land.

     In the evening, we watch the first half of the movie MAYDAY on Netflix. It’s a bro film with two guys trying to escape from 1980’s Russia. Lots of comedy, laughter, fighting, fast cars, and guns. I am liking it but I don’t know, a bro film being good?  I am reading a second book by Rene Denfeld, THE TALKING BONE. I really appreciate her writing. I am not thinking of the political news today.

No comments: