Friday, August 21, 2026
Thursday morning my car wouldn’t start. It had a flicker of start and then nothing. I do have triple A towing service. All I need to do is call the number on the card. But instead, I wonder around the house like a wounded animal spinning sad stories with bad endings. By the end of the day the fears calmed down. Friday morning, I will call and ask them to bring me a new battery. Sometimes I make life harder then, it needs to be. I worry about my 18 year old Honda car dying on me. I am too old to develop a relationship with a newer car.
Two delightful young computer engineers show up, and we sit and talk for hours. They leave with a bag full of garden tomatoes. The tall man comes for a fresh bag of his favorite licorice candy and some conversation. He takes my car key to see if he can get it started. No such luck. Yes my car starts with a key unlike the modern ones.
Friday morning I call road service and they come. The hardest part is dealing with the non human voices on the telephone. Car is now working and I am exhausted.
We watch SATISFACTION IS GUARANTEED , a creepy thriller. Then TED LASSO and TRYING, the best show ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment