Thursday, August 20, 2026

 

Thursday, August 20, 2026

     Foggy cold morning, of course.  Why do I think it will be different. I am wearing my winter clothes wrapped in my new throw. And still, I feel cold. My roommate wears summer sleeveless light weight clothes.  We live in different climates in the same house. Maybe an hour of warm sun in the afternoon

     Taking a shower continues to be a struggle. It shouldn’t be but there it is. I avoid the shower by being busy with the mundane tasks of keeping the house running, groceries, refrigerator clean out, dishes, laundry.  Finally, the house is a bit warmer and I have taken my nap, and there is nothing left to do but take the stupid shower. The best part is I don’t have to think about showering for another week.

     A quilting friend stops by with her two new quilts, beautiful quilts she is giving away.  She decides after all that work, she doesn’t like the color. I gave away some of my quilts after working on them for a year.  I was so bored with the fabric. Now I love the quilts I hand sewed.

     I continue to read Jane Harpers new book, LAST ONE OUT. I do wish it wasn’t so sad. Life is difficult for everyone in that small Australian town. I continue to watch GOOD MEDICINE a more upbeat show.  We are hooked by the new TED LASSO series. I am restless waiting for the weekly episode. The war continues, food is more expensive, fire in Big Sur grows, primary elections happen on Tuesdays across the states. We are all tense waiting for the next calamity.

No comments: