Friday, April 26, 2024

 

Friday, April 26, 2024

     Rain last night. This morning the clouds clear and the sun shines on the glittering plants.

     I am meeting with the oncologist today.  I have a list of the side effects from the six weeks of chemotherapy. Mostly it is a sense of increased weakness, skin issues, and sore joints. Nothing that needs any medications or treatments. Maybe it is age related, maybe treatment related. During treatment I couldn’t read my weekly New Yorker nor could I drive. I am doing both now.

     An old philosopher friend came to talk with me.  His question is, what is it to live well.  Can we even describe it. The two questions I have are what do you not like about your life now and what do you like in your life now. We talk for an hour and could have talked for much longer.

     I am rereading Jonathan Reisman, MD’s book THE UNSEEN BODY, a doctor’s journey through the hidden wonders of human anatomy. It is still an inspiring book for me.

No comments: