Monday, April 1, 2024

 

Monday, April 1, 2024

     Nope, I don’t do it.  The tax forms are still unopened on my table. It’s not that I was distracted, I just don’t want to do them.  I have 15 more days to pull up the gumption to do my taxes.

     My charming daughter brings me yellow daffodils and treats from Trader Joes. And more important, she stays around and tells me stories of her current life. We talk and then she leaves and I take a nap.

     I am reading BUKOWSKI IN A SUNDRESS, essays by Kim Addonizio, a book I bought months ago and can’t remember why. I am intrigued by the raw honesty in the essays.

     I am still watching the same old series, THE RESIDENT, and UGLY BETTY. I want to watch something new but my hands just return to these good old standbys.  I am feeling particularly stubborn lately. I am tired of following the rules, the best practices, other people’s opinions of what to do.

No comments: