Friday, April 14, 2023

 

Friday, April 14, 2023

I am talking to a friend on the phone last night and suddenly I run out of conversation. We have talked together for decades and this is the first time I am at a loss for words.

I remember this morning, lying in the dark in bed, the many times I have said no to recommendations, requests, demands, rules. I am inspired to make a list. Recently the no’s are about medical issues.  No, I am not going to let them do this to my body. I do say yes also, but it is the no’s that are intriguing. It seems to be based on not trusting experts and protecting myself from being hijacked and overwhelmed.

Yesterday was an unexpected two nap day, a slow day. I surrendered to the tiredness.

The beach photographer gives me two apples, four oranges, a green salad and two cream puffs.  I say yes, and thank you.

No comments: