Monday, August 10, 2009

Went to the Town Hall meeting with Rep Sam Farr this evening. I got there at 5:15 for the 6 o'clock meeting. The auditorium was filled. There was no room.

So I sat outside and watched the various protesters march and shout around. When tv cameras came everyone become more active. It was basically good natured and like a circus.

Went home and listened to the conversation on the radio. So many people are fearful aand anti government. Of course I think if they don't agree with me, they are wrong.

I kept tying to listen to what the dissenters were saying but it didn't make much sense to me. Sam Farr was kind and thoughtful and respectful even when he was tired.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was there too. It WAS a good natured gathering, even though we couldn't get in. I stood talking to an interesting woman at a transitional stage of life. We exchanged phone numbers,but I know I will not follow up on it.
Lois