Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Monterey wharf #1 report

August 11, Mid morning walk, cold, foggy.

High school kids on the street, school has started.

Huge antique auto auction being set up behind chain linked fence in the plaza. Dozens of wood paneled station wagons. I want one.

Gigantic auto transported tying to maneuver around Monterey Streets.

Picked up two donuts at Red's and sat on a bench facing the wharf while I ate them. Families and couple walking by taking pictures of the sail boats and the wharf. I guess it is picturesque.

Sea gulls calling as they flew over.

on the wharf, most gift stores open with racks of marked down fleece jackets. Some were being bought on this cold morning.

A group of old Italian men were sitting around a table outside a closed restaurant talking up a storm.

Smaller trucks were being unloaded for the restaurants.

The wharf is getting ready for the day's tourists. I am going home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks. I was there reading it.