Monday, November 19, 2007

I sat in the small clinic treatment room waiting for my doctor to show up. Into the room came the sound of not seen babies screaming, yelling, gagging, louder, more intense. I tried to read but was distracted by the waves of sound.

So is this worse then dogs barking at night? a neighbor's loud rap music? My body began to tense up. Someone should help these babies, protect them from uniformed people with needles, with cold instruments, with what? What are they doing to these babies?

Finally my doctor came in sheepishly, vaccine day! Hard to listen to huh? Yep, hard to listen to.

When I left I saw a toddler hiding behind a chair in the lobby. Finally two big men came to round him up, herd him into the shot room. The mother was cringing.

It is always so exciting to go to the county clinic to see my doctor.

I would have screamed when I received my flu shot but I thought I should set a good example for those babies.

No comments: